Tuesday 20 January 2009

Research on Hair Typography and Illustration


These letter forms are created with real hair shown above which I think is quite effective and creates a clear form to show a clear outline of the letter.


These patterns look like they have been illustrated on the computer to create a equal and artistic pattern, I think these are lovely pieces of artwork and doesnt really look like strands of hair.

From the website SHCH graphics group most of the art work is very similar to one another using different weights of lines. I like this piece of work, a letter created around with lines and shapes to form a letter form it reminds me of flowing hair in the wind spiralling.


This poster I found on Google images when typing in Hair Illustration it came up with this as I think the small illustrations are fairly appropriate to my Christmas research of the outline illustrations that I did, I really like the different colours and hair styles and I think that this style of drawing is a good way to show a style of hair.

Shown below is an image that I found from Flick r It was showing a style of hair using arabic lettering which at first was something I wanted to include in my animation to not reveal to much to the viewer until the end frame I think this is a clever way of showing the subject of Hair Styles not only is it showing an image but it is showing type as well.

No comments: