Saturday 3 January 2009

Christmas Presents

WOOOOOOO ITS CHRISTMAS TIME!!! I was so excited to be home to see my family and friends but as usual I left my christmas shopping till the last minute so 2 days before Christmas Eve I was out shopping at the busiest time what was I thinking!!! But I did get it done all in one day thank god!!!

Looking around the shops and the presents the packaging and labels really interested me with there creative appealing designs. One of the presents that I recieved that I have wanted for a long time was the Creative Design Suite CS4 the packaging didnt just look nice but when it is opened the box has been well crafted and made to protect the product really well.

With the colours they have used to design the packaging they have created a colour palette on the front of the box, its a simple design but still visually appealing just using colour.

The other adobe box I liked was the InDesign box not only because its pink! but its eyecatching and nice to look at better then using a white box, I would keep this box more then other one as its more colourful and I prefer colour.

LUSH

Hadn't been in there for a long time but always no when im walking past it as you get this strong waft of fruity essence from experience when spending along time in there deciding what bath bomb to get your dad you start to get a slight headache from all the eroma lol!

I just love going in there as they have some strange bath bombs that either look nice or look like sick. Its always so colourful and bright in there and they always have this weird but creative names for their products who I would love to know who comes up with them lol! Its set out nicely as well so its easy to look at each product and to test what they smell like which I like the best!





I liked the wrapping and labels of the Christmas gifts this year, they were as bright at the gifts are inside. The labels have information written on them explaining whats inside the package using different typefaces for each present and little illustrations on the front and back.

HARRODS


For Christmas my Mum brought some Earl Grey as part as my Boyfriends Christmas present as he loves it, the packaging was lovely and looked liked it could be kept and used over again. Above are a few more that I liked on their website, the typography has been used throughout the designs, the colours are appealing and are not to bright. Some of the packaging is not to detailed which is good as the use of simple shapes have been used to layer on a creative design. What I like is the swirls of gold and the layout of the design this is what interested me about them and that they also look unique to designs in supermarkets today.

WHITTARD
Me and my Boyfriend wanted to get his parents a joint present for Christmas as we are both pretty skint, so we knew kind of what they wanted he said they needed a new teapot as they have had the other one for quite a few years, The teapots in there are quite traditonal and classic compared to the packaging of tea and coffee these are very modern, with the colours and design they have used. I really like the typography. What attracted me to the packaging in Whittard was the display of type and how it has been set out to create a an appealing and attractive design without the use of illustration.

No comments: